Time: 30 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 pkgs (24 oz) House Premium or Organic Tofu – Extra Firm, cut into 8 pieces in total (see Directions)
- 2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 eggs,beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour to coat
- 2 large lemons cut in half
- 1/2 cup olive oil for cooking
Light lemon broth (recommended):
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut each package of Tofu in half lengthwise,then slice in half to make 4 pieces. Makes 8 pieces total.
- Mix bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, Parmesan and garlic together in large bowl.
- Place beaten eggs and flour in separate bowls.
- Coat Tofu with flour, dip in eggs then in seasoned bread brumbs.
- Place lemon halves in small baking pan in oven for 15 mins or until nicely caramelized and browned.
- Heat large skillet, coat the bottom with olive oil. Place breaded Tofu in skillet and sauté on both sides until browned. Serve with roasted lemons.
- Make light lemon broth by melting butter in small pan over medium heat. Add stock and lemon juice. Simmer for 2 to 3 mins. Pour over Tofu.
Note: The recipe was created by Billy Strynkowski, Executive Chef, Cooking Light Magazine